High blood pressure or Hypertension (Rakta Gata Vata in Ayurveda) is the increased or higher pressure of the blood in the arteries. We all know that heart is a pumping station of our body which pumps blood. Blood pressure rise with each beat of heart and falls when heart relaxes. High blood pressure can cause heart attacks, strokes, aneurysm, heart or kidney failure, and vision loss.
High blood pressure can be identified by the help of symptoms like obesity, kidney failure, strokes, hardening of the arteries, headache, heaviness, restlessness, respiration problems, giddiness, irritation, anger, nose bleeding, increased heart beat, chest pain, insomnia, tiredness, and many more.
High blood pressure is an indicator of serious problems. Excess use of salt is commonly known as the cause of the high blood pressure, but there are many other cause of this high blood pressure like smoking and drinking for a long time, hereditary, hormonal disorders, abnormal condition of blood vessels, non- vegetarian food, mental stress, insomnia, obesity, and use of medicine for a long time, lack of exercise, etc.
Ayurved has developed their roots in the fields of medicating the high blood pressure. The most effective home remedies for high blood pressure are –
1. Lauki (Bottle guard) – Lauki has sedative properties and has cooling effect on body, which helps in relaxing the body. Lauki juice is enriched with iron, vitamins and Potassium. Lauki juice when mixed with amla juice can help reducing body weight, thus helps regular blood pressure.
2. Coconut Water – The minerals like potassium, magnesium and vitamin C, which are needed to reduce the high blood pressure, are there in coconut water. One should get the best results if he or she drinks coconut water 3 – 4 times a day.
3. Lemon – Lemon is those supplements which we use in are food to increase the taste of the food. But there are many less people who know that lemon is also beneficial to reduce the high blood pressure. The high Vitamin C helps our heart to be healthy. Regular drinking of warm water along with freshly squeezed lemon juice each morning, empty stomach.
4. Onion Juice – Onion is one of the natural remedy used to overcome the problem of high blood pressure. Consumption of a medium sized onion raw every day or the mixer of half teaspoon of onion juice and honey twice a day.
5. Fenugreek Seed – The fenugreek seeds (methi is very high potassium and dietary fiber contents which help to control the high blood pressures. The most effective way to consume it is first boil two teaspoons of Fenugreek Seeds in water for two to three minutes then strain it and make past by blending it. The best time to consume it is empty stomach in morning and in evening.